View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:45 pm

red.scarf
Post  Post subject: What to do about California and Oregon?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Another travel post. By obtaining a conceal carry permit in Arizona, a gun-savy traveler can expand horizons to every state except a large chunk in the Northeast and Illinois. Out West there are two exceptions: California and Oregon. These states do not honor any other states' conceal carry permit. There is no law against open carry in Oregon, but open carry will be illegal in California in January of 2012.

Information about obtaining an Oregon license may be found here: http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=license_seng&link_item_id=14705.

From the research I have gathered, California may be more trouble than it is worth. Any insight to California would be appreciated!

Steelhawk
Post  Post subject: Re: What to do about California and Oregon?  |  Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Kalifornia does not recognize any other state's CC permit. Not only can't you carry in CA, either concealed or open, but you can't even bring a magazine that holds over 10 rounds into the state.

I don't know what the current Kalifornia laws are about traveling in and thru the state with a gun in the car.

I used to live there, but that was long ago. I would never move back voluntarily.

RootBeard
Post  Post subject: Re: What to do about California and Oregon?  |  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Steelhawk wrote:
Kalifornia does not recognize any other state's CC permit. Not only can't you carry in CA, either concealed or open, but you can't even bring a magazine that holds over 10 rounds into the state.

I don't know what the current Kalifornia laws are about traveling in and thru the state with a gun in the car.

I used to live there, but that was long ago. I would never move back voluntarily.

First, welcome to the board SteelHawk!

Yeah, my parents still live there and they're always telling me of the ridiculousness of trying to buy/own a gun there. For that reason alone (besideds being overpriced, overcrowded, and overworked), I won't be moving back there either. I enjoy, and exercise the right of being able to carry just about everywhere here.

Gleedaniel13
Post  Post subject: Re: What to do about California and Oregon?  |  Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:50 am

Quote:
Yeah, my parents still live there and they're always telling me of the ridiculousness of trying to buy/own a gun there. For that reason alone (besideds being overpriced, overcrowded, and overworked), I won't be moving back there either. I enjoy, and exercise the right of being able to carry just about everywhere here.

I think California state is just strictly implementing its rules. That rule is just for the people living there to reduce violence against guns.